Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oblivion.

Do you ever encounter those people who are just SO oblivious to the amount of information they give to you?

It seems like I run into this type of person all the time. I just don't understand why. I guess it's because I am more of a listener than a talker, so they feel they can tell me all of this and they think that I will care. I guess.

I don't want to know how much you know about 18th century historical figures or the New York Jets. Does it look like I care? I just don't get why people think that it's okay to talk to me about these things for 15+ minutes straight.

I'm interested in what you are interested in and your likes and dislikes and all that jazz. But going so in depth that I'm literally falling asleep with my eyes open....that's when you need to stop.

Oblivion is a dangerous place. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! It really makes you not want to talk to people in fear of it happening again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH. Definitely. I think that's why I kinda just DON'T talk to people sometimes. Because when it's they're turn to talk, it will be their turn for A LONG TIME.

    ReplyDelete