Saturday, February 19, 2011

Simplicity: It is an Arm's Length Away

This blog entry is kind of an extension of my last entry.

I cannot stress enough how simple things can be if you let them be. Don't worry about what others think about what you do. If it doesn't hurt them in anyway, just don't worry about it. It is your life; do what you want.

Don't worry about labels of any sort. Boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, etc. When you and the other person decide upon a "label", if you really think you need one, then that's how it should be. Just don't worry about it.

Be around those who make you happy. I'm going to hang out with only these people, you can count on that. 

My #1 is my sister, she makes me the most happy. She is my best friend and I will hang out with her as much as I'd like. (And as much as she'd like. :P ) Sometimes we don't agree on everything, but that's alright because I know she'll always be there for me. We are so much alike, yet we are SO DIFFERENT in how we deal with situations. Sometimes I think she forgets this - that we have our own different ways in going about life. But that's ok. She's truly amazing. 

I bring my sister up in this blog because she's kind of an example of a worrier. And because I know she'll read this blog, and I hope she'll take some sort of advice from her litter sister for once. :-P sorry sistaaa, you are a worrier and I think you know it. :P

So here are Cheryl's Principles of Life:

  • Don't keep the people who make you worry about nonsense around. It's bad, unneeded stress. And absolutely no one wants that.
  • DO keep the people who make you happiest around. Do not try to push them away. Hold on to them. They are there in your life to help you achieve happiness. And isn't that really the ultimate goal in life? To be happy? Sure you can be happy by being alone, I am a huge believer in that. But when you find someone - anyone - that can make you truly happy, you should let them stick around.
  • Remember - don't worry about labels such as boyfriend or girlfriend. That's all they are - just labels.
  • Do not complicate things. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty damn sure almost everything can be simple. If you want to go to a party but don't know how someone may react to that...just go to the damn party. If you want to dump a friend because they stress you out, dump the friend. If you want to be with someone, tell them how you feel. And if you're lucky enough that that person wants to be with you too, just BE with them, no matter what. It really is that simple.You cannot convince me otherwise.
  • Don't worry about not having a job... - too much at least. Once you have to work all the time, I can almost bet you a million dollars you'll miss the "everyday is my Saturday" feeling. Just don't worry - you'll be fine.
  • Don't tell somebody, "I told you so." Just, no. If they made a mistake, then that's that. What is it going to help by saying that? Absolutely nothing. Don't make things unnecessarily tense.
  • Aim high with your goals. Don't ultimately settle for less than what you originally wanted. It may take you awhile to work up to that ultimate goal, just don't settle for less before you get there. Unless you learn that less makes you happy.
  • And lastly, and this is the most important piece of advice I can give. But again, I'm no expert. Whatever you do, do not interfere with someone else's happiness. We're all here to help each other be happy, don't knock it down for someone else. Especially if it is someone you are close to. This is the least sensible thing you can do. It is the ultimate complicator, the original source of senseless drama.
Again, I'm not a freaking professional advice columnist - if you can even be such a thing.... But I do know when things are unnecessary. Don't worry so much about everything. If mistakes are made, mistakes are made. You will move on. Be happy. Let them be happy. Make it simple.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with this for the most part. I disagree about the job part. For me, because I currently do not have a job, I feel no purpose. I feel no motivation. You know me well enough to know that I need something like that to function. It's not just about working all the time and making a lot of money. It's about doing something I believe is worthy of my time -- outside of family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know this. But there has got to be something that you can do that will make you feel like it is "worthy of your time" that is not a job. There are plenty of things you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was a really good post. I like it a lot. :) But yeah, about the job part: instead of giving the label of having a job, how about calling it a hobby? Yeah, a job is purely defined by most as an activity that requires knowledge of some sort necessary to advance a certain organization that is, all the while profiting from it. For me, I don't have a job yet (and I really need at least some form of money if I ever plan on staying here another yera), but I do a lot of things that require a lot of computer science-based knowledge, for fun. I write programs for fun. I am developing www.texasdrums.com every day for new things to improve what I want to do. It drives me to become better at what I do. It's just finding something that you can have fun with, without really worrying about the monetary aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but I want to do what I want... and what I want is a job.

    ReplyDelete